Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Twenty- Seven


 I could not sleep that night. I was still shaking. I couldn’t believe it was happening. I had a boyfriend! I was dating Caleb Arb. He came to my door. I couldn’t believe he had come to my door!

      The next morning, I woke up way too early. I couldn’t get back to sleep. So I lay in bed for a while.  Caleb texted soon to say, "Good morning beautiful!”

      Caleigh came over and helped me figure out what to wear on our date. The "skype date" turned out to be a real one... that little trickster. Caleb had told me everything on his list to make sure I wanted to do all of it. I could not wait. I decided on jeans and a purple tank top with a grey cardigan over it. Caleigh lightly curled my hair. I did my make up. Then went to meet my boyfriend at my family’s house.

      Caleb and I matched. We said hello, and he hugged me tight. It felt so good.

      We started driving, and Caleb put on music form his ipod while I drove. I knew the area better, so I drove into Philly. However, after that, Caleb drove. I think he caught that he is just a better driver than me in general, even not knowing the area. Yeah…

      We went to Chipotle where I introduced him as my boyfriend for the first time to a girl I knew.

      Then we went into Franklin Square, and played mini golf. It was so cute and so fun. He let me win, and I knew it.

      Then we walked around a little while, and sat on a bench. Caleb called for reservations at Giorgio’s, and then we went for a carriage ride. It was so cute. The driver talked the whole time, since Caleb is so good with politics and history,  he kept up some very intelligent conversation with the driver. I was proud of him. I listened to what he said to our driver, and just loved how smart he was.

      After that, we walked to our car. I didn’t bring gloves, but found a pair hot pink Disney gloves in my car randomly, so I wore them all day. But there was no thumb. So Caleb kept tucking my thumb in his hand when he held my hands.  We would be walking, and he would say, “Give me your hand! I want it!” 

      I would hold on to his arm with my other hand. I was cold, but I also just liked getting closer to him. He would say, “Aww, I like when you do that.”

      I loved that he was bashful about me showing affection back to him. He made me feel safe, valued, and beautiful. I felt like a woman. It made me feel like a woman. I liked it. I liked it a lot

      So Caleb drove this time, when we went to the restaurant. It was so quaint. So small and pretty. Caleb went to the bathroom when we got there, and accidentally busted his belt, which was hilarious.

      I ordered this ziti pasta (it was gluten free of course) pasta that had peppers and sausage in it. It was seriously so good. I enjoyed just watching Caleb, and enjoying the fact that I was on a date with him, and that we were actually dating. 

      After dinner, we walked down South Street, and I got fro yo. To be honest I really wasn’t in the mood for it. I only had a little bit. Caleb went there cause he knows I love it. He didn’t get any though, and I felt bad to not get any because that’s the reason we walked down those 10 streets. He ate a little bit of mine, though. Our conversations while walking were really good ones. I just loved talking to him. 

     Next was ice skating! We drove to the skating rink, and got out and got our skating tickets. It was so cute. Caleb had to help me get my jeans and socks situated. He was adorbs. I loved that he let me stay close to him when we were walking around, or sitting somewhere. I love being close. I loved that he let me do that. When we were in line for our tickets, I stood in front of him at one point, and he warmed my shoulders, and hugged my back to his chest. I loved that.

      We got home, and just hung out with the family. At midnight I had a glass of red wine. I left soon after, and Caleb walked me outside, and watched me pull away. I hated leaving him.

      It was fun hanging out with my family. Caleb really liked doing that, too, so that was cool. We skyped with Zach, and Don. We changed our relationship status on Facebook, so we could gather the “likes,” on that. I ended up getting somewhere around 76 or 77 likes. How hilarious is that!?

      The next morning I woke up to a text from Caleb saying “good morning beautiful” and calling me his girlfriend, and saying happy birthday. I drove to my parents’ house, and picked Caleb up, and drove to church.

      After church, we decorated my little tree together. It was so cute. Then Caleb made me go into another room so he could set up his birthday present. He laid out 3 t-shirts and a sweatshirt and his cologne. When I came out to see what he brought out, he said something like, “Now you get the boyfriend clothes,” and he gave me the cologne so I could spray more of it on the clothes so I can smell his scent when he’s gone. It was adorable, and I freaking loved it. I put on his sweatshirt right then. I loved that I recognized the t-shirts. I had seen him wear them before, and it made me so excited.

      After we finished everything with the t-shirts and the tree, I played him the song I had just finished writing. I was super nervous playing it for him, and but it was so cute and I was smiling almost laughing a few times. I was actually playing the song for him. He was reading the words as I sang them. It made me nervous but giddy, too.

      When I finished, I just sat there and kinda turned my back to him slightly. He said, “Shain,” and I knew I was all nervous to look at him after playing my heart in musical and audible form. But he loved it, and held me tighter and told me so.

      That little time at my place was one of the sweetest parts of the whole weekend.

      We went to my family’s house, and everyone was over for the birthday brunch. We all hung out, and Caleb got along with everyone so well. I think everyone really liked him. How could they not? Anyway, afterwards, Caleb and I hung out in the sunroom. He had to get going soon, and honestly, all I wanted to do was be in his arms. We just chilled, and some people from the family came in, some people said bye before they left. Lena was in there for a while playing piano with just her left hand, since she had just broken her right arm. Caleb held my hand.

      Soon,  it was time to take him to the airport. Dad and I drove him, and it was the most awful thing in the world. I didn't know when I'd even see him again.

That night, Dad took me out for my 21st birthday. Over my glass of wine, I told Dad,

"Dad... I'm going to marry Caleb."

And I am. In 11 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment