Friday, November 23, 2012

Eight days

Today, 8 days away from my wedding day, my list of things "to-do" is ever growing.

I'm currently in between checking things off my list. To be honest, I even put "blog" on my list so that I don't feel like I'm wasting time not getting other things done.

Today is laundry day, and random emails, and making final decisions on this and that.

Sure, some may say, "Shaina you would NOT be so stressed if you simply had a longer engagement like normal people."

Yeah, to some that might seem truthful. But those who believe that, do not know my family.

Even if I had a year and a half engagement (which to me is torturous. If I said "yes I will be your wife" upon my Beloved's bended knee, it meant I would be his wife that instant. I don't feel like waiting two years), my family would not hop to it until a few months before anyway. It's true. I'm one of eight children. Why prolong the worry that things aren't getting done. Why not just have a 3 and a half month engagement, and let the entire engagement period be a series of getting everything done?

It suits me.

While I do feel like I've never quite been as absent minded and overwhelmed emotionally, mentally and physically in my life, I do feel it is the truth to say I'm enjoying this time.

However, if someone were to ask me if I like being engaged, my answer would be, "No."

And that's because of all the craziness, and stilted anticipation.

If you're confused, let me explain.

Yes, I'm enjoying this time. But only as much as I can. You see, this is such an "in between" stage. Caleb and I are really starting to function as a married couple, but without some crucial married couple elements. We go to bed in two different places.... etc... we're still like a "dating couple," while we still notify each other with every penny we spend, where we are, what we're doing, where we're going...

It's kind of frustrating when we could be waking up in the same bed, and easily telling each other instead of texting hours later since we both have different schedules.

Really, in short, I'm just ready to be his wife. I was months ago.

So, that said... I'm truly excited for our wedding day in 8 days.

And now, for some more details to be noted and considered with full attention.

8 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment