Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Wait

Well, well well...

To all my devoted readers... thank you for walking with me through the drum roll of our relationship. From the first time I saw Caleb as he helped my brother move into 3rd West Oak at Greenville College, to the moment Caleb got down on one knee, to now, 11 days before we say "I do."

Remembering who Caleb and I were years ago, to now, is what has helped prepare me for what is about to happen.

Living through each part of our story, before we came together, is what has made the wait a time of basking in what God has done.

Sometimes I stare at Caleb from across the room, and get all teared up when I realizing those flutters in my tummy I had for him in the library were for the same man that now makes my heart absolutely melt.

When I remember the thoughts that roamed through my lovey dovey head at Vespers.... and now when I hold Caleb's hand when we sit in church together, I am overwhelmed.

God is faithful. And I am grateful. And ever shall be.

I get to marry my best friend in 11 days. I can't believe I get to live a miracle. I get to wear white for the man I waited for.

The man I loved for so long. The man I loved before I even knew I really did.

The man who I knew I wanted to marry, but didn't really know why.

I'm going to marry him!

I'm getting married!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment