Thursday, May 20, 2010

The message you never got

So right now, Zach Trina and I are watching a movie in the Burritt lounge with News From Verona. They won battle of the bands at Agape a few weeks ago. They were on their way to Indiana (or something?) and got stranded in Greenville. Random? Yes. So anyway, Trina ran their merch table at Agape, and we went into Adam Bros after our choir party, and bam, there they were. And so we've spent the evening with them. Hilarious. And who says Greenville gets boring after everyone leaves? It's still hoppin'.

So we're watching Be Kind Rewind. I guess I'm technically not. I'm writing this blog.

I admit I felt kinda odd when Trina and I walked into the lounge with three guys looking all band-ish... all three of em have the hat things that are all in and what not. I mean, they're a band right? Gotta represent and stuff? Anyway, I thought it was kinda hilarious that Trina and I would be seen with three strange guys. But I promise you all, my brother came soon after grabbing the DVD from his room. And, he was there at Adam Bros with us for a while too.

So, i'll explain the title now. News From Verona is the band name. They decided on it as inspired by Romeo and Juliet, and how the two messages Juliet got were "news from Verona." If you know the story, one of the messages was a message she did not receive and it ended badly. So the idea of the name is "news you never got" that could save your life. Christian band. They're pretty good I'll give my approval.

Well, after a day of finishing all of my classes, and ending my Junior year here at Greenville, I think I'll go watch this movie... Zach and I even got to play two songs at Adam Bros tonight. Twas fun! Alrighty-ho! On the day goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment