Sunday, May 9, 2010

Matris Hodie

Today is Mother's Day!

My first mother's day apart from muh mama. It's kinda sad. For moms like my mom, they deserve way more than one day a year celebrated in their honor. My mom is literally the best example of Supermom I can think of. That woman is unbelievable. I don't know how she functions day in and day out as Mother of Williamsville with such fluidity. When I was at home, I definitely needed breaks. I had to have some time out of the house to function every now and then. But my mom basically never gets that. Like, ever.

I'm so thankful for my mom. I'm so thankful for the way she raised me. I'm so thankful for the higher standard she instilled in all of us. I'm so thankful for her "singing voice" that makes life so grand in the golden moments it appears. I'm so thankful that she can wax my eyebrows for me cause I'd never go out and take care of it myself. I'm so thankful she has such a heart for her children. I'm so thankful she is in love with the Lord far more than anyone, even surpassing her love for my dad. And there's eight kids. They're in love. Nuff said. I'm so thankful for her patience and kindness and love. I'm thankful that she understands me when I talk in circles. I'm so thankful that she has created our home to be a place I love to bring my friends.

My mom is hilarious. Zach and I roll our eyes (completely out of love!!) over how funny she is. Especially last night, when I went to the jr/sr... my mom told Zach to follow us. And she was serious:) I loved it. Ohhhh man, funny times. I went. That is all I'm going to say about it. That and I had fun dressing up wearing a rather extremely comfortable dress. And the best part was the black gloves that went past my elbows:) Kept me warm anyway. Between my hair being down and the gloves I was practically wearing a jacket in the 38 degree weather.

And I just have to throw in here, I cannot wait to be a mom. And hopefully a mom just like mine.

Yesterday Zach and I auditioned for Blackroom Records. Both of us sorta felt like, "eh" about it. My allergies are still putting up a fight against my joy in life, and still punching my throat like my lungs are punching bags. Stupid. And Zach has been a bit dry lately with singing too, so we kinda "wung it" didn't even get to practice much with Josh Hawkins who played with us for one of our songs. It's been awesome writing with Zach. His music is so SOOOO fresh, and gosh I just love it. His melodies make me sing before I even have words. It's like my voice rises up within me knowing full well this song needs a voice, and it is to be sung. I know that sounded silly. I don't care. Anyway, we'll probably find out the results of the auditions Tuesday or so. A bunch of other awesome people auditioned. This school has so much talent. I love walking by someone and thinking, "Yep. It's only a matter of time before that dude's gonna be famous." There are quite a few... just wait. And I get to say, "hey I know him!" And maybe even one day Zach and I will get going enough to get out there ourselves. T'would be excellent.

Well, I'm gonna get going for lunch. Meeting the brother.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment