Sunday, May 2, 2010

A boring blog...

And so, May has willed itself upon us. May is a lovely month. Except for the pollen. From which I am still close to death from. Flowers of sympathy are welcome, without the petals though please. Just stems. That should help matters. Zach and I are running out to Wal-mart soon to get some more allergy meds...

In all honesty, I feel like giving up about allergies. I can't sing. It makes me cough. I can't talk without blowing my nose or sucking on a cough drop. When I think I'm progressively getting better, I wake up the next morning unable to speak yet again. Blah. Lame!

At the very least, I'm already passed into Upper Division Voice, so I don't need to die about doing so poorly for juries next week. I'm already where I wanna be. So if I don't do wonderfully, the worst that could happen is they don't give me an A. Which is sad yes, but life goes on.

I have been studying crazily for my next Music Listening exam, which is tomorrow morning at 8:30. I'm crossing every finger and every toe. Lately, even though I've studied a ton, I haven't done as well as I would have liked. So here's hoping tomorrow is a nice come back with all the energy left in me to complete the next few weeks. Finals... they await.

I've been pretty dry lately. Maybe not being able to sing exactly has put a thorn in my desire to write. Could very well be so.

Anyway, in three weeks, I'll be just about home. The plan is I'll be staying here till May 23rd, because the choir is singing for commencement. Right after, Zach, Nathaniel and I are heading to Jersey! It'll be a fun ride. And nice to drive with another person instead of just me and Zach. Nathaniel is in the choir, and it so works out that he lives in Jersey as well. This works well because there are now two people to keep Zach awake. And possibly two drivers. We'll see.

This summer is going to be great. I've already decided that. I will not be taking any summer classes, which feels like going off script for me. I've had school in the summer for years. I'm very much looking forward to a break. It is much needed, and much anticipated. I'll likely be teaching a good deal this summer as well, for which I am also excited. I miss my students and I miss teaching and preparing for tutoring and what not.

Something I'm really looking forward to a ton, is running. This semester I've hardly had time to do anything besides homework and taking naps. I've even washed my hair more than usual:) But, these relentless unavoidable activities have kept me from working out. And I miss running so much. So, that is something I'm excited to get back to once I'm home.

Whitney is coming to visit at some point, and we're going to record a bunch of our songs. Hopefully, it will be a very successful summer in that arena as well. Lots to do! Even though I may be home for the entire summer, I'm not sad about it in the least. I think I'm definitely set to have a great summer at home with my home friends, with my family, and with my piano. Ohhh yes. Especially with my piano.

So, I suppose I'm ready for this coming week to begin. A few tests, yes. And a paper I haven't started, but I don't mind papers too bad... I'll get by alright I think. Friday is Taryn's bachelorette party, which will be such fun. Thursday is the Common Day of Learning, so no classes, and all the COR 401 people do their Senior project presentation things. So basically, this week is very occupied, but it won't kill me. Unless it rains pollen in the amounts of rain we've gotten lately with the million tornadoes coming through. Ahh the best part of life in the Midwest:)

Ok, this is the end of this meaningless blog!

2 comments:

  1. I feel you with the allergies... gets me every spring... But I think that's just another reason to appreciate the summer even more. It brings salvation from college and pollen! Though I am taking summer classes for the first time this year. But they're online, so its not that big of a deal. Bring on the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear beach lover,

    who are you?

    sincerely,
    a roommate.

    ReplyDelete