Friday, May 14, 2010

The countdown continues

Today is Juries for music majors! I am currently listening/singing to Colbie Calliat, which begins my warm up routine when I'm not in a practice room. Her range is so low that I can start from the bottom up. Usually works pretty well:)

Today I went to my last class for the semester. For the year for that matter. Cor papers have been completed! Praise the Lord. And now for my jury and a bunch of exams and a few more papers for next week. I admit I am pretty stressed. However, I am just loving life right now. God is so good. Oh gosh, I can hardly express why I feel so cradled in His hands right now. I can just see His hand in my life in so many random ways.

And so in the midst of my tests and exams and papers and performances, I am secretly loving every moment. I know this is sort of sad, but I'm sad to go home in ten days. I wish the semester would drag out longer. I don't want to leave my precious friends I have here. I want to keep meeting new people. I want to keep waking up to see little old Ruth cleaning our showers. I want to continue to play random disgusting tricks on our RC. I want to eat lunch and dinner with the same people all the time, and study with them, and go to class with them, and then somehow end up falling asleep in the room next to theirs. I don't want to move on into the summer. I love this so much. So much, that I could handle not having an academic break.

Obviously, I would love a break as well... but I'm not looking forward to being away from all my people here. I don't think I've ever been so sad to end a school year. This school year has held so many things. Things I never would have anticipated. I know it's cliche to say god has a sense of humor. But I think my version if saying this, is God knows who I am better than I do. He knows what I want. He knows what I need. He knows what's gonna tick me off. He knows when I have a bad hair day everything feels just as frizzled. He knows I love my nails long and regret it every time I have to cut them to be a more sophisticated pianist. He knows when I say, "that is never gonna happen," that I'm just kicking myself in the butt, because whatever I'm disclaiming could very likely indeed happen anyway. How He has worked in my life and in my heart is amazing.

I have got to say I love the worshipping people this school has. Last night at Vespers was so refreshing, and so powerful. I love to sit in the back sometimes. When I see the worshippers in the rows ahead of me, I am often so moved by the release of worship that it absolutely stills my heart, and moves me so powerfully within. The release of worship in those around me, is like a release inside myself to worship. And oh... the indescribable moments when we all sing with no music "In my life be lifted high, in our world be lifted high, in our love be lifted high"... nothing, nothing, nothing is like it.

All day long, classes go on. People learn things they never knew before, and some things they wish they didn't learn. They wake up with pounding headaches from late night papers and studying. They go about their day, stopping to eat occasionally. And then we all come together, and praise the God of everything... all together. And I have to say i am always so pleased at how beautiful all the many harmonies of the a cappella moments in worship. This school has so many singers. So many talents folks. It's just awesome. I love it. Oh gosh, do I love it.

And so, I suppose my Carrie Underwood warm ups are next... time to change into my jury dress, and get on down to the practice rooms! Boo ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment