Saturday, March 12, 2011

A lovely evening in Atlanta (Day 1!)

We're in Atlanta Georgia! Trina, Dr. Burge and I are staying with a young couple from Chris Stoke's church. I can't remember the guy's name, but his wife's name is Jessica. We lose two hours tonight between going into the east coast time zone, and Daylight Savings... We plan on going to bed very soon:)

Today we spent all day on the bus. It wasn't terrible... painful at times though. Trina and I have it mastered though: As demonstrated by Zach and I in the past on our own family trips, Trina and I place a pillow between our heads, and and count to three, and jam our heads together to keep it there. Alas. Rest can be found. Sometimes after giggles about how silly we are, but that only makes the sleep all the sweeter.

We sang for an hour once we got to the church we'll be singing three services at tomorrow. I thought I had absolutely no voice to sing with. I actually did not feel like singing at all. Not a note. I sounded like a man who had smoked for 40 years. In my opinion. After getting only about 3 and a half hours of sleep last night (laundry and packing party! Whoo hoo!), and being on a bus for like 9 hours or something... what else could be expected? I kind of lost track on how long we traveled today. Losing an hour crossing time zones, and just in and out of uncomfortable sleep... again... what else could be expected? Anyway, after warming up, it was surprising how good it felt to sing anyway:)

It is noteworthy that I hardly did anything while on the bus. Some people would read, and do homework. I can't read on a bus usually. Car sickness. No good. I only occasionally listened to music.

Trina and I had several bonding moments. Sharing silly text messages, and often just coming up with some story to share that we hadn't yet. You'd think that since we live together we'd know everything going on in each other's lives... but life can get busy.

The weather here is unbearably beautiful. Makes me miss the Jersey shore. Like most beautiful things do. It's just so clean, and pure. Lovely.

Tomorrow morning will come fast, so I'm gonna end this here.

One more thing. I'm borrowing a suitcase from a friend. He dropped it off last night, and I thought, "Ok wow, I could just pack myself along with my clothes. That'd save room on the bus..." It's massive. But completely wonderful. Because Trina and I packed our stuff together. So it's totally awesome. We've gone through several people saying hilarious things about me or Trina being a huge diva or something, because of our HUGE suitcase. We kindly inform them we packed together, and that we are not in fact, divas.

Ok maybe we are in some aspects.

But we packed light. Thank you and good evening.

I say evening, because as Megan, Olivia, Trina and I discussed, evening has a sort of loveliness to it. And tonight is indeed a lovely night. So good evening to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment