Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 9

Today was our final day of Choir Tour 2011. We sang at the United Methodist Church in Brentwood TN, around Nashville. We checked out of our hotel, and went to the church, and sang for the 10:30 service. It was the last performance of choir tour ever for all the seniors and juniors who are student teaching next year. It was a good performance though, it being in the morning and after 8 days of seemingly nonstop singing.

The ride back to Greenville was sweet. I sat with Jay Yousef, one of my best friends I have here at Greenville. There are some people that just make life so much better to live, even when life is already sweet. He is one of them. A few seniors gave a few sentimental words that got me seriously nostalgic. I can't believe it's all drawing to an end. Choir tour is over, which means choir itself only has a few more shots left in the semester, aka my entire college career. It just dawned on me in a thicker way than it had before. Things really are shifting. And shifting strongly.

We got back to Greenville, and we all hauled our things into Whitlock to stand on the stage and hold each other's hands to sing our Alma Mater. I started to tear up... yes I'm "that girl." But it was a sweet moment. Especially when we forgot the words:P

And so was Choir Tour 2011, my last tour with the Greenville College Choir. It was completely wonderful, and I had the time of my life. The choir means so much to me. We've been through so much together. I can hardly describe it through simply blogging. And the times we spent on the bus were beautiful, though often smelly times.

I loved every single Limerick written and read... we have a tradition for choir tour. We write a "limerick" or a poem or song or story of some sort for someone in the choir. We draw a name from a hat, and that is the person we write or sing to. We have all week to write it, and then we go up to the front of the bus and use the microphone and present our limerick to our person during the last few days of tour.

I have to say I had a hard time singing mine... I was laughing so hard. I had Jay Wilde, and since his last name is Wilde, I rewrote the song "Wild Thing" with a bunch of hilarious things about him in it. I had no idea he'd be sitting literally RIGHT in front of me when I had to sing it. Have mercy. I hardly knew the guy and was singing this song to him, which I called "Wilde Thing" with all these things about how he's "easy on the eyes" and it was just a funny time yesterday. I tried to give a disclaimer at the beginning, and an apology for following him around a few times this week because I didn't know him very well. True he stands behind me in our scrambled formation in choir, but I still didn't know very much about him. So I'm not sure if operation "convince Jay Wilde I'm not a Creeper" was a success or not, but he liked the limerick. As did the whole bus. My favorite line is "Smoother than Martin Luther King." Fun fab fantastic!

And so concludes Choir Tour 2011!! Perfect and sweet success. I'll remember it for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment