Sunday, March 20, 2011

I cannot



My life flows on in endless song
Above earths lamentation
I hear the sweet though far off hymn
That hails a new creation

Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear the music ringing
It finds an echo in my soul
How can I keep from singing

What though my joys and comforts die
My savior still is living
What though the shadows gather round
A new song Christ is giving

No storm can shake my inmost calm
While to that Rock I'm clinging
Since love commands both heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing

The peace of Christ makes fresh my heart
A fountain ever springing
All things are mine since I am His
How can I keep from singing




Without getting too into it, this song has been an anthem of mine lately. Especially the line about how no storm can shake my inmost calm while to that Rock I'm clinging. My heart has been heavy, and I've been broken in my spirit in a few ways. And every time we sang this song on tour, I was just overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit. To sing it, is one thing. To sing it because I believe it, is entirely another. And I do believe every line, and every line is now my own. So listen to it, and reach each line. This is the choir singing on March 6th at a Presbyterian Church in St. Louis. I can't stop listening to it... my voice is rather exhausted at this point. I'm thankful for the little sneaks who record and put our videos up on Youtube for such times as these:)

No comments:

Post a Comment