Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weeding and Waning but always Gaining

I am going home tonight! Countless times I have balked about this semester's load... and I'm about to do it again. But I'm feeling rather accomplished at the moment. Only two more tests to go today, then a few more classes, and a voice studio class (singing for everyone... I'll be crossing my fingers.... good thing I have good sight singing training ahh!), choir and then on the road to the STL airport. Hallelujah! 

I'm on a high right now. I just feel so amazed how much god blesses my life, and how He holds me in His hands. I was reflecting on a passage of Scripture I went through a long time ago.... something in 1 Samuel I think. How precious it is to have a "prophetic voice of God" in your life. Someone that God speaks to you through. And some people are lucky to have one person like that in life. I have so many! My siblings, my parents, my pastors and precious friends... even though God weeds and wanes people in and out, He never abandons. Like when Don and Josie moved two years ago, I felt such a catastrophic loss of the voice of God. Just like in the Bible, I really want to say it was Samuel, but I'm not sure. But he felt the loss so deeply. He grieved not only his dear friend, but he grieved the absence of something greater. I missed Don and Josie terribly for a number of realistic and understandable reasons. But I missed and yearned deeply for the prophetic leaders they were to me, and still are in many ways even now.

Ahhh Greenville... this Free Methodist college comes at me with so many theological challenges. I never would have come up with saying, "the oceans have free will too you know!" in response to justify theistic evolution in COR 302.... to which I am opposed. But even though I struggle a bit with a great many interpretations of Scripture, I'm very thankful for this time of realizing again what and why I believe. I have a feeling I would be challenged quite a bit by my fellow classmates about things I only just typed.... "What do you mean 'prophetic'?!" My (insincere)  apologies to anyone offended... I'm not ashamed to be one of the few "pentecostals" on campus;)

I'll have to look up that passage I keep thinking of... my Bible is already packed in my bag to leave in only about 5 hours for the airport... and yes, I am absolutely counting down. It doesn't mean life will now be clouded in warm soft safety. But it does me I can bask for just a little while in the pillowing gentleness that only home can bring after weeks of need for just that. 

I also just started reading a book last night, that I could hardly put down... why am I so dense that I somehow think I can read a book instead of my homework or practicing? I beg your understanding, as I really did not expect to get sucked in nearly as crazily. I was hardly fitful either in attempt to stop reading. I just went with it and decided I certainly have earned a break to read The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers. One of the best authors. Ever. 

And so I close, as the weather outside quietly and warmly tugs on the budding arms of the trees that wave to me from beyond my window pane. The young flowery petals burst open their eyes to see the new life around its own new life. The grass takes on the appropriate name as we live in a town called Greenville. Today would have been a great dress day. But I decided to be proactive and wear clothes I want to have at home when i get there, saving room in my bag:) Gosh, I am made to be a mom... anyway! This likely concludes the March issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment