Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lo we've returned to the ville of green

And lo, I find myself on my bed at Greenville. I have gained an hour back to my life as a reward for the exhaustion I've endured these past 10 days. And for this hour, I am quite grateful.

This morning's final concert was one we'd all like to forget. We lost pitch a great number of times... we were flat. Very flat. My voice was completely shot, and so I lip synced everything but some lower things. In fact, I sang alto some of the time when I had altos next to me. My voice was not trustworthy in higher ranges. In addition to one first soprano being out, another one was sick today, and she sang even less than I did. Her voice is the strongest out of the 4 or 5 top sops.... and i think in addition to us all being quite tired after 10 days of touring with less than agreeable amounts of sleep, without the sops keeping as strong hold on hight of pitch, we all suffered as a group. We ended up cutting a list of songs, causing our concert to be (thank the Lord) shorter than usual. 

We came back to a rainy Greenville, but Trina pointed out that the grass was green! Greenville is on it's way to being green once more!

Coming back from tour (aka Spring Break for choir members) was tiring, and somewhat sad. It felt weird to come back here from being with my family for such a short amount of time. And riding back to Greenville with the choir, leaving my NJ home behind. But a reminder that my life is to be lived, wherever I am. 

When we unloaded back at Whitlock (the music center), we all crowded in the recital hall, and sang together again. We sang the "theme song" for Gville, and then all held hands and prayed together by singing The Lord Bless You and Keep You. It teared me up. This was the last tour for our seniors, and possibly the last tour for the Juniors, depending on if Doc takes sabbatical next Spring. Which means I may not experience this again at Greenville. And it was just so amazing spending these past 10 days with all of those people. I was so blessed. And blessed to sing a blessing over each other this time, instead of our audiences. 

I know the Lord taught me a few things on this tour. One thing, is that it is His heart that we love each other, even when it's more painful to love someone who causes us pain. Without getting into detail, I think God has shown me love is always the answer, even in pain. Even in misunderstanding, and in times I'd rather slap someone across the face:) 

It was an exciting week for the other choir members too for various reasons. Some relationships began, and others continued, which was of course a common topic among the snoopers sitting in seats beside and behind the choir couples:P I am a very reflective person. I'm a thinker, often too deep for my own good. Being among the "choir couples" for a nonstop 10 days of course makes me think they get spoiled from having their significant others around everyday. They're lucky.

Getting to see Bomb, and Laura was awesome too:)

Well! I think I'm gonna end this one now. Into another week in the Ville of Green! And a day off from choir tomorrow! Praise the Lord (All ye gentiles)!

No comments:

Post a Comment