Saturday, March 20, 2010

"I'm sorry mama, I'm just an idiot."

I am still on the bus of course. We're about to watch a movie. We did some more limericks. Jen Snarski wrote mine. It was really cute. To the tune of "I Dream of Jeanie" it was "I dream of Shaina." It was cute. Although she mentioned i'm a "Sweet little freshman," I guess I'm used to being thought of as a freshman. Maybe I'll just have an unveiling party when I graduate next year and everyone  will shout, "What are you doing here?" And then come to know the truth of my identity. Anyway, I have yet to read my limerick.

We are now watching wall-E.

OK, so this is a story I have to share. It was horribly adorable.

Yesterday Trina, Jay, Brad, Jess, and the other Jay were walking around DC. We were walking through the Vietnam memorial, and a young little boy about 3 years old or so, was touching all the names behind us. His mother scolded him, and he looked up at her and said, " I'm sorry mama... I'm just an idiot." I couldn't believe my ears! He called himself an idiot! And his "mama" said back to him, "No honey, you're not an idiot, you're just excited!" And so Jay and I heard it, and were cracking up, trying to be respectful in the memorial.... it was difficult. I might have looked like I was just struggling not to cry from all the names... 

But that's all I wanted to share. It was hilarious and so cute, but so sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment