Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Come near

This just occurred to me: I bond with people through music.

Today I am sick. I feel like a bright blue balloon that was blown up too much and tied too tight with bright red string. You see, these colors when placed together and colored too brightly make my eyes sore. Blessed be the color bind ones in times like these. And also, yes, I feel as though my head and face is blown up. Put those two together: no good! No dice!

So, today I skyped with one of my best friends in all the earth, Sarah Sharpe. She is fab my friends, most fab. She's in Nicaragua right now with her family. They're missionaries. Anyway, we skyped for 3 hours and 22 minutes. Fab!

And we talked about music and listened to music and stuff. Sarah, Katie (our 3rd musketeer) used to turn off the lights, lay on the floor, and listen to music. It would cause us to be emotionally ready for the musical experience. We'd feel subject to the journey. We couldn't see. It was dark. So all of our senses turned to listening and hearing, and receiving the music.

I realized today the truth of the fact. I bond with people through music. I make things musical all the time. Even if to the normal person, they are not musical at all. It's like I'm inviting people in, to become nearer and dearer to me.

So, yes. We listened to music today.

Sarah is probably my longest and most devoted fan in regard to my own music. She and Katie have songs I've written recorded from when I was 14 or 15 on to now. Sarahs musical herself, but it's more of a hobby than a professional passion.

That sounded funny.

If passion were a profession, I think it'd come naturally for me. That's be cool. "Hey, I'm a professional passionate."

Ok, I think you all believe I'm a sickling now. I'm gonna go now.

Happy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment