Sunday, June 12, 2011

Veni

Today at church was so beautiful.

Pastor Harry has been speaking about the Trinity and today specifically about the Holy Spirit.

It is unspeakable the work the Holy Spirit can accomplish when He possesses us.

Pastor Harry said, "It's not just about 'having' the Holy Spirit, it's about the Holy Spirit 'having' you."

How profound is that. How earth shakingly true is that?

Today the Holy Spirit swept through my church. In a way that freed and broke us. In a way that empowered and blessed. In a way that brought joy and peace, and beauty.

The Lord spoke to me while I watched so many people come forward for prayer today. Like He was sharing a piece of His heart while we both watched the scene.

"You are so beautiful," I felt like He was speaking. "My bride is so beautiful."

Like as He was watching His church, His bride come forward and pray for each other, He was glorified and in return He blessed us. And was taken by the beauty.

I felt like God was adorning His bride, and pouring His Spirit out on her, on us. I felt the Lord's delight over His beautiful bride. So much joy. So much love. It was unbearably moving...

I think I've been entirely guilty. I think I've limited myself. Or more, I've limited how much the Holy Spirit can possess me. I think I've kept it one sided. I had the Holy Spirit, but I didn't always allow the Holy Spirit to have me.

I think there's something new I'm gonna start saying when I wake up everyday. It might sound funny, but sometimes when I pray, I use Latin and Greek words. And "Veni Spiritum Sanctum" means "Come Holy Spirit." But I think that's gonna become a daily thing. I want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment