Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dream in white

It's 2:28 a.m.

I should be asleep, huh? My song a day thing has been awesome though. I sit down to write a 10 minute song of lyrics. But all these melodies are going crazy in this head of mine. I do have a head. It was probably hard to tell cause my hair was crazy and wild and curly today. I loved it. I felt like a woman. That's besides the point.

I'm also sick. I can't sing very well right now. I usually can't sing at all in times like these, nor do I have a desire to hear the congested version of Shai singing.

But God's blessed my music so much lately. I've written 3 full songs since Sunday with music and everything. Sure they'll be rewritten and edited and all that jazz, but such is life. I've written full lyrical songs too every day in between the others too. I'll try to record them and post some if I get to it, and if my voice cooperates.

Tonight I wrote a song in about 35 minutes. That's crazy... I mean it happens sometimes, but not 3 times in 5 days. The song tonight is called Know You. The one I wrote last night is called Rush. And Dreadfuls is the other one from Sunday.

That's my update.

God's blessing this thing. It's really cool. Do it... set goals to stretch yourself and the gifts He gives you. He blesses it. It's so cool. It's so so cool.

And maybe I'm a silly girl, but I love these lines in the song I just finished: "Close your eyes, I'll sing you a lullaby- you can breathe easy and dream in white." As in purity. Like don't awaken love until it so desires. Sleep in the arms of Jesus, with your heart anchored in Him, and dream in purity. Dream in white. And I'll sing you a lullaby. Whoever you are, my Sweet.

Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment