Friday, July 30, 2010

The times, the times

I'm just going to say it. This blog will be pointless. But, I'm awake. I'd like not to be. But I share a house with 9 others, and I share a room with two others. On a night like tonight, I can't expect to be able to sleep right now. Tonight, when tomorrow morning my entire family leaves for VA for my uncle's wedding weekend. Tonight, when basically no one is ready. Tonight, when one sister who shall remain nameless decides it's that time.... that time to finally clean the room. I'm weary. Why do we have to clean now... seriously?

Anyway, I decided to blog for a few reasons. Writing calms me. Calm is a welcome thought. Another reason, I don't have much else I could be doing that takes little energy without feeling like I'm wasting my time. Another, I will finally post more than 15 posts in a month. So July 2010 will be the month with the most posts. Not that July should be the most extravagant by any particular means, but it's kinda fun anyway.

I'm not in a talking mood. I'm kind of in a mood where talking is not necessary. Sitting, staring at a screen, and typing... that's alright with me.

Waking up in the morning is going to be difficult. Especially since I know everyone will try to be the wise guy and get an extra 10 minutes with our eyes closed because we're all thinking the same thing... it's useless to try to get into the bathroom in the morning. One bathroom for 8 people... my parents got the downstairs one... so the rest of us are stuck with the one upstairs. So we try to out-sleep the next one... but because we all have the same idea, we end up still banging on the door because locking the darn thing is the lamest thing that could happen. And so... long ago we learned how to share a sink. While someone's in the shower. And while one is in the shower, two are currently spitting at the running faucet, and one maybe two are doing their hair in the same mirror a few others are checking the results of just using a toothbrush.

Tomorrow will be an adventure. Needless to say, so will this weekend. But momentous it shall be of course.

I'm pretty sure this wedding Sunday will be the end of this Summer of Weddings.... although I'm pretty sure the next ten years or so of my life will be The Summer of Weddings... heck probably the rest of my life, huh? Well, anyway, I actually get to go to this wedding. Shame on all my friends from school getting married and living all over the stinking country...

And so, I will say good night. I'm not sure when I'll get to sleep at this point... but here's to the times. Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment