Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pass it down the line honey

Just gonna spill some thoughts before I head out tonight...

I've just been thinking about how I try to plan my life. I am a planner. I take things as they come, but try to work with each item God gives me. Like I'm in an assembly line with all of Creation, one thing handed to me at a time.I try not to go so fast that I hardly realize the things being passed to my hands and onto the next pair awaiting. I try to make use of everything. I like to think I'm making the most of things that way. But God doesn't always play by my rules, even when I think I'm playing by His.

It's quite uncomfortable when I feel like I've gotten the hang of cherishing moments God places in my hands, and then he gives me a new way.

I feel like God makes me do back flips when He just taught me how to do front flips. I feel like I'm doing it all wrong. I had only just gotten used to the old ways. My response is usually something like,

"God, if I do that, I'll crack my jaw."

And he's like,

"If you don't pay attention you'll crack your back."

Usually shuts me up...

And so, in the assembly line of life, I feel like every set of new things God teaches me, are only for a time... He's gonna keep on passing things down the line.

And so that's my thought for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment