Monday, July 19, 2010

No bondage in these streets

Back in September of 2009, Whitney Bentch and I wrote our first song together, called "To Your Throne." During that time I was reading... drum roll... in Exodus. Randomly. I just decided to read it bit by bit. And I read chapter 17, which is all about how as long as Moses kept his hands up, Joshua triumphed over the Amalekites.

I remember feeling struck with that. As long as Moses hands were raised towards heaven, the enemy was defeated.

Yes, Moses held the "staff of God" in his hands, and the passage does not say that Moses was worshipping the Lord by raising his hands. But, I could not get the image out of my head... Moses raising his hands to the Lord. And through those lifted hands came victory.

Some words in To Your Throne are, "There will be no bondage in these streets, there will be only victory. We will claim every battle in Your name, there will be only victory."

Worship is something the enemy cannot handle. As long as our hands are raised to the Lord, the enemy cannot win. This particular passage in the Bible does not state this explicitly. But I believe it's something God spoke to me through this passage.

Worship is a fierce weapon we have a Christians. It's powerful. It's an unearthly experience. It's untouchable to the enemy. We cannot fail when we worship. Sometimes, like Moses, we need help to even raise our hands. But that's ok!

I think my life would be radically different if I constantly looked to those around me seeking to be the one to help them "raise their hands" to the Lord. In the times when they tire. To share in the victory with them. It's precious. That's my two cents. I'm going to bed now.

3 comments:

  1. I always see stuff about songs that you've written... When is the public going to get to hear these songs????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully sooner than later. PS. Thanks for commenting Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huzzah! I will patiently await that day. And sometimes impatiently.

    ReplyDelete