Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A date with an olive

In a matter of minutes, my sister Caleigh and Sophia will be home once again! After nine days in Haiti, we're all so excited to see them. I grew accustomed again to having Cal around since I've been home for the summer. I learned how to call her a lot while I was away, but it got to be natural and easy to be together all the time. I have missed her so much. Sophia too.

I can't wait to hear all about their trip. We've all been praying so much for them, and I know God is only beginning work in them as they went on this mission trip. I wish I could have gone. Some time soon, I will go to Haiti.

My family is so precious to me. Last night I took Olivia on a Twin Date. In my family, the line up is: boy, girl, girl girl, boy, girl girl, girl. And it's literally like the same set of kids reduplicated. The second set looks like the first set. The line up of Zach, me, Cal, Soph, Nate, Liv, Lena and Meli..... Zach and Nate don't look too much alike, but Live and I do, Lena and Cal do, and Soph and Meli do. It's actually hilarious.



So the younger kids take pride in their grown up images, and they're our "family partners." In crowds, we have a buddy to look out for. Liv is my look-alike, so I have her. Same for Caleigh and Lena, and Sophia and Melodi. And Zach and Nate are just the only boys so they naturally embrace their manhood together.



Last night I had such a good time with Liv. She's a complete nut. I remember being a lot like her. Stubborn and basically crazy. She got ice cream everywhere. I'm not sure how. I accidentally flung some of it down her shirt as I used a spoon to try to carve the melting mess cleaner... instead it went down her shirt... I said I was sorry in the midst of our shared obnoxious laughter. She's growing up. It's a little frightening. I forgot when I grow a day older, she does the same.



We had fun taking pictures as the sun was setting behind us. The self timer was a little wacky but we eventually got some fun shots.



Definitely could have zoomed in some.... but I still love this picture.



I kept making my little Olive sister wash up in the lake after she was coated in chocolate ice cream, and soon she asked me if it was alright to just go all the way in. I told her she could. I stayed out and took pictures of her as she swam around. There were a few other people in the water, but she didn't need anyone else to be entertained. She did flips for me as I sat by the water and watched her. She's a total fish. You'd think her ribs are gills.

Anyway... time to get ready to welcome two other sisters back into Williamsville!

No comments:

Post a Comment