Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A sighing conclusion

I feel like I haven't blogged for a long time. Maybe because so much has transpired over the past few days. And so much has yet to transpire before I go back to school in just over two weeks. Can you believe that? I'll be back at school so soon.

I admit I am kind of really nervous getting back to school... this year is going to be highly demanding and likely stressful at times. Although, with all of that, comes a truck loud of high expectations. So much accomplishment. I'm overwhelmed with excitement in so many areas. Vespers... holy crap I simply cannot wait to get started with all of that. Vespers was already a highlight of the week last school year. This year, it will practically become the high light of everyday considering all the stuff we'll be doing and preparing for being on the leadership for it. It's going to be awesome.

And then there's getting to live with Trina, whom I adore. I keep thinking of all the things we're gonna do with our room. I can't wait to invite people to come play guitar for us on our Guitar Stool. Haha.... it really is adorable how Treen (that's short for Trina those of you who didn't follow that) bought a stool for our room just for all of our guitar-playing friends. She says people just always sound so naturally better when sitting on a stool. I somehow think she might be right. I'm excited. She and I play as well, but we're still working on it. I've had five years more experience than her, but she's probably already got me beat. That's not saying much for me. But oh well... maybe this year I'll get back into it. I'd love that.

We wanted to decorate our room with quotes and posters and what not. I have to say I am truly looking forward to our (rather small?) but awesome room in Tenny. We're both pretty neat, so I'm excited to have a neat room. It will be refreshing after living in a room with two other sisters with all together not enough room.

I guess I'm gearing up for school mentally now. It's kind of stressful. Since I'm not there yet to figure things out. Making sure all of my scheduling things are worked out. Gross... I've always hated that part of school. It can be so complicated. It grieves me.

I'm extremely futuristic. I'm a huge planner. Just thinking about entering the next phase of my life (meaning the last year of my undergrad stuff), makes me start planning what comes next. I had been planning on studying abroad next summer. But then I started thinking about that. What was the real reason I wanted to do that? I would of course accomplish six credits at Oxford University. That would make my life feel so complete. However, I'd already be graduated. I wouldn't need the credits. What i wanted to do was travel. I would only study abroad for the experience of being somewhere else. So my thoughts now, are kind of along the lines of just going somewhere for a bit. Not moving. Like a missions trip. I don't know... just going somewhere. I've always wanted to go to Europe. Maybe I'll go next year. Grab some people, and make it happen.

I think I'm thinking I'll just come home and make money for a bit before I up and move to Nashville if I should ever do that. Although, it's probably best to leave that door open. Who knows what's going to happen this year at school. However, the plan is still getting my Masters with Liberty online:)

One thing I am for sure about, is getting my own place. I love being with the fam and everything, but I want to get a place. With Zach. Or by myself in my grandma's apartment. I've told her for years I was going to move in. It'd be perfect. And I have not lost hope by any means. It would be amazing. It would need a good amount of work, but I'm completely willing. A million percent willing.

And so... I suppose I have a good idea of what's going on and where I'm going. However, I still might as well join all of you who roll your eyes at my assertive planning personality... how many times do I have to walk into a wall to realize that God still does ridiculous things with my plans?

My sighing conclusion is this... I know where I'm going, and I know what I want. And I'm gearing up for how He'll bring me through the next 8-month phase (and basically last 8-month school phase) of getting me there.

AND! Whitney Bentch is coming to visit tomorrow morning! This week is already perfect. The anticipation. I love the anticipation. And the actual happenings will be amazing for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment