Monday, May 30, 2011

Update

Well... much to catch up.

I started a ton of new goals for this summer. One of those goals is reading through the Bible by August. So far so good! I'm only on Day 2:) But it's a lot, let me tell you. But I've been loving it. I think God speaks to me a lot when I read. I think it's a primary way He speaks to me.

Another thing I'm aiming for is writing a song a day. I'm on day 3 of that. Again, so far so good. I'm at least lyrically writing a song a day. Sometimes I don't have time to put music and melody to what I write. Last night I spent like 20 minutes writing one. understand that this experiment is not about crafting perfect songs. More like taking whatever I have and making it work, and even if it doesn't work, I go with it. It's something new for me. I wanted to try it.

I heard that Jon Foreman writes a song a day. I've tried to do it too in the past, but I get too picky. I think I've reached the end of being too picky. It's all about flexing the muscles. When people work out, some days they feel like they could run miles more, and then other days, you can hardly make it to the end of your usual route.

Such is life with songwriting as well. Yesterday I wrote something that was really weird. It was inspired out of what I read in my Bible. It's really rather indie compared to my other stuff. It's really funny actually.

So that's what this experiment is about really. Whatever comes out of me, I go with it. It's full of harmonies and weird words.

It makes complete sense to me. But I doubt it would make sense to many people. But it sounds nice, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's so different than my normal stuff.

I think I'm in this place in life... where whatever happens is what's gonna happen. Whatever songs I write are the songs I'm gonna sing. Whatever God puts in my path right now is what He's putting in my path. A new theme of mine is that my plans fail. And praise God that his purpose prevails.

I'm extremely exhausted right now if you can't tell. I think I'm gonna try to make some music too before I go to bed. I had a melody idea for the song I wrote tonight.

And I wanna start posting new songs as I get them done over the Summer. Why not. I mean I talk about the songs all the time, I might as well post em so you can listen to them. And any responses would be amazing.

Ok, this is the end of my update.

No comments:

Post a Comment