Friday, April 29, 2011

Good

There are some things that absolutely blow my mind. there are some things that completely knock me off balance.

There are some seasons in life that season you for something you're waiting for, and then the train tracks shift, and you're turing left, and not right. And whatever isn't "right" feels wrong.

There are times when "wrong" begins to feel "right"," and then suddenly, you make a right turn, and now you can't tell up from down.

Sometimes wind feels like the air is embracing you when you feel lonely. Sometimes it fingers through your hair when you just want someone to be next to you more than anything. And then there are times the wind works against you and tries to push you over when you're walking down the street.

So is the wind a friend, or a foe?

There are times to turn away, and times to use eyes of grace on the people around us, even though it's difficult. There are moments we have to walk away when we feel horrible about it, because sometimes we have to look out for ourselves. Sometimes having good judgement feels critical and judgmental. Sometimes we don't know the difference between pretty and ugly. And innocent and guilty.


The only thing I can gather in times that tie my hands in knots is that God is good. And He is beautiful, even when I'm not pretty in any way. Even when the work of my hands looks like a pile of gooey clay and nothing like a jar. When upside down turns out to be right side up, and up means sideways.

God is Good. That's all I know. That's all I have. That's all I'll hold. And whether friend or foe, He is above it all, and He is Good.

And Princess Kate's dress was really pretty. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment