Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Everybody Plays the Fool

I am so proud of my amazing Burlington County Players! I was in this group of homeschooled Shakespeare lovers for 5 years, and have gone to every performance since I was too young to remember, until distance at Gville has limited my travels.

This year the drama geeks are in the midst of recreating Shakespeare's "Comedy of Errors" with a 70's twist to it. They all got to learn some disco dances and whatnot, and I live in constant jealousy. They're dancing to some fun songs, and singing a few themselves, like, "Everybody plays the fool." Elliott's falsetto is amazing. And Melissa's tears are adorable. And Caleigh's odd dancing towards the side is unmistakably hilarious and fun. Nic's heartfelt heartache agony in song will bring tears to the audience unsuspecting that the "comedy" will actually involve some emotion other than happiness and hilarity. I got to go to a rehearsal earlier this month when I was home for Easter, and oh my... how I miss acting! And I miss those experiences I will always hold in my heart with the BCP.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/burlington_county_times/bct_news_details/article/26/2010/april/28/4-h-conjures-shakespeare-in-the-70s.html

The link above is an article written on their performances yesterday. I am so proud!

1 comment:

  1. I miss it too! I even got to help out with the crew and I still have an ache in my heart for the program... We should put on a BCP alumni production! :)

    ReplyDelete