Thursday, September 6, 2012

Six

Studying with Caleb that night was just the best. We had a rhythm or so it seemed. We were unmistakably in sync with each other.

We met up with Zach and Jay, and went to Steak and Shake. It was finals week. It was a Monday night.

Caleb sat in front of me, in the front seat passenger side. Jay complimented me on my "cool shirt" and Caleb turned on Paramore because, as he announced, it was my favorite. I loved how he did that.

So the tug of war with this girl Caleb apparently liked... I wasn't trying to tug. I honestly wasn't. I just figured I'd lost. Girl fights were disgusting, and I wasn't interested in that.

I was out at Adam Bros later that week. Caleb was there, along with Zach and some other friends. I sat next to Caleb... I was working on some things on my computer, as Caleb worked on something on his.

I was actually writing something... it was a book idea I had. I'd never shown anyone. I would never show anyone. Caleb peeked over, and I closed my computer.

"What's that?"

"Nothing..."

He looked at me. Dangit, the boy was glorious.

"... it's a book... just an idea..."

"Well, promise me you'll show me when you're done."

"Deal."

Yeah... that would happen.

But for a moment, it made me feel like finishing it. Just so I could show him.

Soon, Zach and his friend decided to leave.

That left Caleb and I.

We chatted. And other people walked into the little coffee shop. I asked Caleb if he was interested in one of the girls who had walked in. The one I figured I'd lose to. After all, what fight was I even giving... but he said he wasn't. But I still felt like I should go.

Caleb asked if I wanted a ride. I told him no thanks, and walked out. I was walking to Tenny, to watch a movie with some friends.

It was dark. I quickly regretted not taking Caleb up on his offer.

So I texted him and told him I regretted it.

So he texted and asked where I was, then called me because he was driving trying to find me. Eureka!

Maybe I wasn't losing.

He picked me up, and drove me to Tenny.

I loved it. I wanted to drive with him again. It was fun. Even if it was 45 seconds.

Maybe, just maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment