Thursday, September 6, 2012

Seven


That night at Adam Bros was so sweet. It was confusing. Yet, it was fun to imagine, if just for a second, what it'd be like if Caleb always picked me up and drove me random places. Like I was his. 

But that rumor about Caleb and another girl never exactly left. 

What confused me... why he denied that he had an interest when I asked him. 

Although... let's rewind. Caleb didn't announce who he was interested in. Or so I'd been told. 

However, it became more and more evident that they were probably "together" or something...

Later that week, Trina and I had a sleepover. Our roommates were gone, and we were still at Greenville for choir that week. 

We decided that night to do something out of character. She texted a guy she was into. 

And I chatted Caleb on Facebook. I waited for him to respond like he used to...

Trina waited for her phone to buzz... his response to her was not what she'd hope. More like a shut down. 

But at least she got a response. Caleb never responded to me. 

I was feeling more and more that I was beginning to be obvious. Trina was the only person I didn't deny my crush to. 

I told her one night, and her response is still in my head. 

"Shaina, he is a man of God..." 

I know. I knew that. 

I was happy that she approved, though. In fact, she was probably Shaileb's biggest fan. 

And definitely my biggest support, just having a friend I wasn't hiding my heart from. 

The closer Caleb and I got to our final... the less he interacted with me. 

When our final was over, he asked how I did, and that was about it. 

It was sad, but true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment