Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Towers of Babel

You know… this past year has shaped me more than I expected it would. Going into the unknown is always a story to tell… graduation… moving home… a new job, and an apartment. It’s all a wild story.

And God’s doing a lot in my life right now. I’m very comfortable right now. I think maybe that’s why He’s seeing such a need to shake it up.

You remember how the gospels talk about how Jesus had no place to lay His head? I think about that sometimes. I think about how He knew He couldn’t really get comfortable anywhere, but that His comfort came from knowing He was following the will of His Father. His comfort came from communion with the Father, the Holy Spirit, no matter where His feet walked.

Right now, in many ways, the scenes in my life are set up perfectly for God to do His thing. I almost don’t even want to plan anything, because I know He’d just wreck them, and make His own prevail. Then again… isn’t that why He lets us plan? I think it is. In my life, that’s been the purpose of planning. So that I can watch in awe that one breath can topple a tower of Babel in my life.

I build towers because I like building. I like seeing bricks come together. I like using my hands (my abilities, my gifts, my dreams, my expectations) to build (make plans) towers.

And yet, God frustrates the plans. He uses the wisdom of this world to shame us, and the follies to build US up. It’s a tricky plan of action.

I do not understand it.

More and more, I’m comfortable with not understanding.

I’m honestly letting a lot of anticipation swell in my heart. Gods definitely got something going on… I’m excited I get a front row seat.

I think we should think about it that way. When God is frustrating our plans, and they’re OUR plans, it means we get a front row seat to witnessing miracles.

Last Summer was the biggest testing time I’ve experienced with letting God be in control of my life.

This time around, it’s not that it’s easy… it’s almost more exciting though. Because I’ve seen what He can do… and I am definitely on board for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment