Sunday, February 5, 2012

vertical

I think lately God is stripping me of control. I feel like any time I start to think I have it, He slaps me in the face.

It's a really good thing.

It's a really... really... humbling, burning, astounding experience.

The fact is, trusting God is all there is to life. Seriously. Think about this. It's not about trusting people. It's about trusting God about people. It's not about trusting our bosses. It's about trusting God about our bosses. It's not about trusting our parents. It's about trusting God about our parents. It's not about trusting our boyfriend, or girlfriend, or husband or wife. It's about trusting God about the person.

This is an extreme statement... I realize that. But, oh my goodness, it's an extreme truth. I just feel like I've struck gold.

It wasn't even me... I remember sitting on my couch, telling God in November...

"God... I give it up. I don't want it. It's not right." About something I was terrified about. I was shaken petrified, honestly.

"Shaina... I might be asking you to trust me about something you want. I'm entrusting something to you. Trust me with it."

Yeah. It was spoken to clearly to my heart.

And a few months later... the same words ring true with a new thing God has placed in my life.

And so, this has changed my life, to put it simply. My life is about me and God. The rest overflows. I cannot control a thing. How morbid a concept... and how freeing.

But my gosh, when I can grasp that... I am freed. I am so freed.

It doesn't worry me that something doesn't go my way. It's a vertical relationship. Me, and God. I get freaked out about something, or someone... and I'm reminded... I'm gonna go absolutely nuts if I trust myself, or someone else about a given situation. It's going to fall apart. Before my eyes. I'm gonna break down and cry and break down to my core. Unless the only person that answers to me if God.

Yes, I said "answers to me." Think about it that way. He'll never go wrong. And that's a really nice relationship.

The only one that matters is God. And He's got it all together.

He trusts us with people. And we are to trust Him for each person He divinely places in our lives. And we're to trust Him with every situation. It's a vertical relationship. Us and God. You and God. Me and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment