Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Do work

A great many things on my mind this evening... it's past the time I wanted to be asleep. But what else is new. Some days I wake up thinking that. The days are long, my friends. The days are long.

God's been putting some intense stuff on my heart. I want to share it with you. As you may know, I fully believe that anything and everything God does and says to us if for the good of the Body. It all is good and useful for the Body of Christ.

So some background. Blakeley and I have some hilarious inside jokes about "the farm" and "the city." I can't get into it. But one day we were praying together on the phone... so cool... and God is so funny. He basically spoke to us while we were praying to say, "it's not about the farm or the city silly girls... it's about my Kingdom."

What is so awesome about God... is He speaks our language. That's such a cool thing, because our language is so beneath Him. Really...

But the gifts He gives us... are of Him. Like my ridiculous metaphors. God gave me a funky brain that comes up with those things. You know it... I'm a mess of weirdness of words and such. But God inspired that. He gave me that ability. That "gift" if you will.

And sometimes He speaks to me through it.

That is very cool. That He uses His own giftings to talk to us. He talks to us in ways we enjoy. That is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Ok, so the past few days God keeps putting these random words on my heart. "Kingdom work." Seriously, it's like the two words are a catchy song I can't get out of my head.

So here's what God's showing me: Kingdom work, is "work" that benefits His kingdom. The things I do or say. All of it. When I wake up and grumble cause the sun has not yet risen, and my body aches with shivers and my nose is still congested... my job is kingdom work. Even aside form it working with kids all day and having the blessing to talk about God if I want to and when I want through the day... people are the Kingdom. And God entrusts us His Kingdom to build up, and to bless.

Everything we do should be "Kingdom work." Building His kingdom.

When I was so spent already from a long day at work, I traveled into the pine barrens to teach a few more piano lessons. And it was just so clear to my heart: I was presented with the options of letting the task before me slide by as a normal task to place a check mark by an hour later, or it could be kingdom work. The kind that God could stamp a "Well done good and faithful servant" mark on.

Ohhhh how I want it to be the good and faithful servant stuff!!

So that's my thought right now.

Tomorrow is another day to do work. Kingdom work. I know it might sound like silly words, but really. What we do is kingdom work.

Also, slightly random, I've been thinking about this too... the guy I marry should be someone who does kingdom work, too. And someone who, together, we can accomplish more kingdom work than we could by ourselves. Otherwise, it's not worth it. Because everything we do with our lives should be kingdom work, and should be things that benefit God and His kingdom.

So I got to thinking a little about that... getting married in my opinion, and in my life, should be because the guy makes the girl better, and the girl makes the guy better. If not, that's so lame.

Ok, I'm going to bed!!

Early morning... like every morning... I'm not complaining. I promise. I could never.

No comments:

Post a Comment