Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Whisper down the lane

I believe God likes to have fun. I think He enjoys games. Not to say He's playing us, or being a jerk. I think God is creative and expressive and fun.

I think one of God's favorite games is Whisper Down the Lane. Because I think, based on my life and what He's been doing lately, God likes to sometimes go through other people to tell me things.

Today I woke up to a text message from Blakeley. She told me she was praying for me, and that God impressed something on her heart about me, and so she told me. And it filled me with so much joy and anticipation. It was awesome. So my day started with someone speaking truth into my life. Pretty cool.

So God played Whisper Down the Lane with me and Blakeley.

I think we should follow suit. Every day of our lives, we should be whispering down the lane (or screaming or simply speaking... whichever is more appropriate) what God's doing in our lives. Sometimes we'll have specific things to pass down the lane. Other times, we just tell what God's doing in us personally.

But I am convinced that everything we go through is for the good of the Body of Christ. Everything we go through and struggle with... somehow is always for the good of the Body of Christ. The Body of Christ meaning any Christian. If God is teaching you something, talk about it. If He is challenging you, talk about it. If He is making you crazy because you ahve no idea what He is doing (Oh boy do I know that feeling) talk about it!!

I cannot keep quiet right now. I know I'm in one of those "YESSS!! SOMETHING MAKES SENSE!!" kind of moments. It's amazing. I love these moments. I'm relishing in the fact that this is a season of rejoicing. And you know what? I just can't stop talking about God. Because He's done so much in me and is doing so much... I can't leave Him out of a conversation when people ask me, "How's your summer going?" The very typical question a newly graduated student faces probably several times a day.

So, I've gotten a lot of chances to reply. And I can't leave God out of it. I don't care if they're Christians or not. I don't care. They wanna know how my summer's going. So I tell them.

I like playing Whisper Down the Lane. And I love when God plays too, and tells me something through someone else. It's really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment