Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Little Miracles

Wanna know something I believe? God does little miracles ALL DA TIME. Yeah. I'm in one of those moods where if you could hear me speak out loud, it'd be a mixture of all the cool accents I know.

I wanna tell you a story.

Tonight, my car wouldn't start. I was really annoyed. I had two friends in the car, and I was pestered. I tried four times, and to no avail. I thoughts about how unfortunate the facts were... I would have to get someone to jump the car or something from home... it was getting late, and I didn't know what to do.

So I tried an alternative.

I put my hands on the wheel and said out loud, "In Jesus' name." And turned the key. The car started.

So... you might think that was silly. You might think it was a coincidence. You might think it was easily avoidable to even bring God in as a reason.

But if you think any one of those things... you're missing His little miracles.

He did a miracle on the car tonight. And then knocked off 5 bucks on something I bought at the store a few minutes after. I was sorta freaking out about spending money, but I really needed what I was getting... when I got to the register, the price was over 5 bucks cheaper than the tag said. I thanked God for it. It blessed me. I consider that a little miracle.

God is behind more than we realize. The sad part is, even when He's IN FRONT of things, we don't always notice. I want to notice more.

Also, there is no small thing about the fact that there is unbearable power in the name of Jesus. I think that's why my car started. It's a miracle. It's a miracle that can't be contained in human knowledge, reason, or logic. There is power. Enough to start the car. Enough to make me smile about saving a few bucks.

Gosh, God just knows how to bless us.

I was very blessed today. And I love the name of Jesus. And I love His little miracles.

1 comment: