Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dreams

I've hardly written this month. You know why. Too much to say.

But I know something new. Something has started to reach my heart. Something that's maybe obvious, but so incredible profound and real.

I'm an ordinary person. My dreams are laughable. They're God-sized dreams. They're big enough to crush me. I should be afraid of them. So the times I do get afraid of them... that shouldn't be so surprising. The times I wish I had not one dream... that shouldn't be so shocking. They're big.

God created us with "callings" before we were born. Some translations say that He "predestined" us to accomplish works. Our dreams, our passions, are usually in alignment with that. They're things He made, with a purpose too great for us to understand.

That should scare us.

But not when we realize that we have exactly what we need to accomplish those great things. Not when we realize that actually, God is quite pleased with the dreams He gave us. He's pleased! That's relieving. Just when I think He's gonna start laughing at me for crying about it... He's pleased with what He made. Those things too wonderful to know.

I just finished reading "The Kiss of Heaven" by Darlene Zschech. You need to read it. Blakeley got me to read it. Now I'm passing it on.

That's my tidbit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment