Saturday, January 22, 2011

A fab day

Today I went into the studio to track with the Clayton Jones Band. I sang my part for "We're Gonna Make It." It was awesome. From what I heard of it today too from the guys, it sounds fab.

I felt like I did an awful job recording earlier this week for a song Zach and I wrote called "I Wish I Knew Your Name," so I admit I was nervous to get back to recording. There's always that silent pleading, "Voice... please be there for me today, ok?" Today was fun. I actually enjoyed myself. I get stressed when I record sometimes. Let's just be honest. When you sing and write as much as I do... I grow to just barely tolerate my own voice. I grow accustomed to nit picking, and hearing the flaws. But then every so often, when everything is mixed just right in the head phones, and you just feel relaxed... it's just so much fun. You're there. You're in the zone. It's a beautiful thing.

So Zach and I are staying at Nick Kulb's place in Nashville... Nashville area anyway. It's dark and cold outside. But it's just fine. I have my soft black scarf still tied around my neck. My sweater on. And a mug of peppermint tea on the table next to me. Zach has his computer out, and he's working. It's just a nice peaceful moment. I love it. I love having a moment where no one needs to talk. You can just do your thing and just be. The hum and warmth of the heater is just bliss right now.

Even though I'm upset about how cold it is in and we're in the "south."

I'll get over it.

Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight. Wouldn't that be bliss? There's just nothing on my schedule tonight. It is completely and utterly fab.

Today Zach, Rob and Jared and I went apartment hunting, and met up with Clay, Chase, Tyler and Phil (from the band) at some burrito place with Luke and Stephen (producers) and his wife and daughter. It was a fun time:)

So I think I'm going to turn in for the evening shortly. Making up for "lost blogs" that found their way into my journals instead lately. I'm not even kidding, I've written for at least a few hours everyday in the past few weeks. I thought I had bruises on my fingers from writing a lot already! Good night moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment