Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Wanna sing?"

I just had to add one thing. One of the best parts of this weekend was singing and playing the piano with Trina and her mom. After watching Glee with the two of them Friday afternoon, Mrs. Thorell asked, "You girls wanna sing?"

I wasn't sure what she meant at first. The answer is always yes to that question for me really. But I didn't know what she was talking about. Then slowly things came together. I forgot Mrs. Thorell was a music person too. She minored in music, and she's been playing and accompanying for Trina and all of her music stuff for a long time. We started going through the endless music books and song books in their adorable, and most wonderful music room. Their perfect piano was exquisite, and reminded me of the one I will buy for myself to just say, "I love you Shai. Now play." Im kidding. But it was so nice.

Soon, Trina picked a piece and her mom started playing and Trina started singing. How I love to listen to Trina Cherie sing. She has one of the most effortless voices. So pure, so lovely. I just love it. I took a turn and sang My True Love, which I'm working on this week for my Sr. Recital. We sang some duets, and Mrs. Thorell sang a duet with Trina from Wicked. We did the same thing yesterday afternoon, and last night. It was so much fun. Just singing and playing. It reminded me of home.

I just had so much fun being with the two of them. Singing all these random and wonderful songs from every musical I could think of, and all the music books they had. It was a highlight for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment