Saturday, September 25, 2010

Corn Huskers

I'm in Nebraska! Thursday night, Trina Cherie and I set out for Omaha Nebraska. We got to the airport in St. Louis, and decided we needed a peppermint mocha from Starbucks. It's a thing of ours. We split peppermint mochas. Anyway, we ordered, and the dude gave us two grandes for free. I won't say it was without rather unimpressive comments... we don't look like strippers so I was confused, but we walked away, and enjoyed the drinks anyway. Hopefully he didn't put anything besides the ingredients into the cups. We tried to think positive.

We got to Omaha after our flight had been delayed for about an hour. I spent the whole plane ride looking over a song for my Sr Recital. I'm kinda doing some arranging, I guess you could say. I won't give away too much. But it's going to be pretty spectacular. I'm really excited to have a lot of people involved. It's exhausting, but it's going to pay off. And I think I'm going to have the time of my life, come February 26th, at 7:00 PM on that stage.

Some of Trina's friends picked us up, and we stopped at Nebraska Wesleyan University to see some more people. I've had so much fun finally putting faces onto the names I've learned while knowing Trina.

When we got back to Trina's, I was laughing about how all you see is sky. No matter where you were. Nebraska is flat. I said that about Illinois. But really. Nebraska is flatter. But the adorable thing about it, is how precious the small town feel is. Everyone literally knows everyone. Yesterday, Train (I call Trina Train sometimes...) took me to this square of cute little shops. We went into this bookstore... mistake number one.... you just can't take Shai into a bookstore that has not only a ton of books, but a ton of perfect, wonderful, brilliant used books in the back for discount prices. I just love to read. Anyway, we looked at the bibles, which were of no charge. I got one, because I like having bibles with different translations. I like to compare. Anyway, I looked at one Bible, and told Trina, "Trin, I think it's so cool to have a Bible that belonged to someone else. See their notes, things they underlined...."

She looked over my shoulder at the name in the front and said, "Oh. Don. I know him. He goes to my church."

And not only that, we saw him at the football game last night. And passed his house a few times. This is a small town people. It's adorable.

So the tale of the bookstore concluded with me buying a few books. I had to. And Trina bought one too, and we're gonna read it together. So it's ok. It's worth spending money if it's going to end up in quality time with your roommate. One fo Trina's love languages. We speak each others' so well. It's so cute.

Anyway, last night was Trevor's football game. Trina's brother. Number 23. That kid is fast. Two touch downs. He's a beast. Tonight we're going to a Nebraska game. Im excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment