Friday, June 4, 2010

Ohmuhgash

I drove a truck today! It was so well with my soul. I believe I've always wanted a truck as my personal vehicle. I've always wanted a red truck, and I even had the name Roger designated in my heart for this guy of a vehicle... it hasn't happened yet, but I'm still young, and the dream lives on.
Anyway, I drove Seb, Steph and Cal to the shore today. Ocean City! Beautiful day, freezing water, but amazing all the same. I am tan. I'm observing my hands as I type, and even my hands are darker. I'm pleased. After being on the beach since noon till about 10 p.m., ohmuhgash, I better have changed color.
It was awesome. My short hair even curled nicely. I always loved my long beach hair. But it was actually rather easy with it being shorter now. I only needed to keep my sunglasses up so the stinkin' bangs would submit to staying off my sunned face.
I met up with some friends as the three Post-Prommers (actually one was just along for the ride) roamed the boardwalk.

As I drove all these Cinderella Licensed drivers, I had a window down and just sat quietly as I rolled on through the silent pines. I decided I'm going to really like this summer, and I'm going to be free and just let life take me where it will. I've felt rather aimless as I don't have a solid job... I'm tutoring a ton, and teaching some music lessons, enough to keep me floating. But I don't have quite as much structure as I'm used to in my summers. But I think I'm going to like the spontaneity of this summer. I'll learn to like it more. Kind of a last hurrah before I go to having a ton more structure all the time in my life... I graduate in a year... from college... with my Bachelor's... what?! And so... bring on the beach babe. Bring it. Or take me with you when you go:)

And the motto of the day was this: Ohmuhgash.... :)

4 comments:

  1. Wait... 10PM? Really? Where were you? I was there too!! How did we miss you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah yeah we were there from noon till about 10. You should have found us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to... But I didn't think you guys would be there that late! How about we just go to the beach again...

    ReplyDelete