Monday, June 14, 2010

Fruit!



I ate a starfruit for the first time today. It was beautiful. This had to be documented. I made sure I chopped it the correct way. And distributed the joy through the waiting little hands of my siblings. It wasn't my favorite, but it was pretty good:)



Starfruit originated in Southeast Asia, and spread over the years, even to Florida and Hawaii.



Starfruit is also known as the carambola. Starfruits are low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium, and high in Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Copper, Pantothenic Acid and Potassium. Whooo fruit!!

I've decided to go raw fruititarian for a little while. Sorta for just cleansing and stuff like that. It's certainly not for good. But I love fruit, and since it's summer, I'm just loving the idea of only consuming fruit. I've been researching a bunch for fun, and it's pretty cool. I'll include my thought in my blogs no doubt...

No comments:

Post a Comment