Thursday, June 14, 2012

Last

As I sit here at my desk... wearing the same green sweater I wore on the first day of school, I am kind of still. Today is not the first day, but the last day of school.

I am overwhelmed.

I am. I cannot help but recall the motions I went through this time last year, and remembering a million memories and moments of this past school year all at once. All at the same exact moment. I am overwhelmed.

The school is abuzz with mommys and children running around. Happy hellos and sometimes tearful hugs.

This day is absurd.

It is completely bizarre and I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it.

What gets me most, what is causing this day to be even more emotional, and monumental is the fact that I will not be teaching as a teacher next year.

This year  taught second grade, and next year I am only teaching Latin and music lessons and doing private tutoring.

In addition to the changes I anticipate in the next year, this is another change tossed into the mix.

So this last day of school is indeed an ending of sorts.

Caleb schemed with my mom and grandma and wrote a letter and sent it to my mom. My grandma placed the letter and an apple upon Caleb's request on my desk for this morning.

That's what started my teary-eyed vision.

I've never been so encouraged by someone. Caleb is my hero.

I am speechless today, for so many reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment