Sunday, November 20, 2011

Praise the One who paid my debt

Yeah... so... something God is definitely challenging me with is my money. now that I'm actually making a little bit, all I wanna do is save it. I hate spending it. I have buyer's remorse and I just want to save it. I know what it's like to have nothing, and to have something makes me wanna just save everything, so that I don't have to deal with having nothing again.

So... I was thinking today as I was attempting to put make up on for a wedding I had like 3 minutes to get ready for...

As I wrestled with the brushes in eyeshadow, and tried not to spill it all over my clothes (I love thrift stores), I mentioned to God "You know, if I used all my tithing money, I could get out of debt..." student loans start in a few weeks...

So this seriously broke me... as I was half kidding with God about using "my" money for getting out of debt, He very strongly laid it on my heart that He already got me out of debt.

So my attention has been redirected... the only debt that matters is the one that has been paid with the blood of a spotless Lamb, and coated over me. Debt, now paid.

So yeah. That's my "two cents." In every sense of the phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment