Thursday, November 3, 2011

Here I am...

So God just did something cool.

I just got in bed. I am exhausted.

I got in bed after I meant to. I had a lot to do tonight...

So... a song starts playing in my head. The words come easily.

I've never heard this song before.

Yes... God chose a perfect time when my distractions are melting away... a perfect time to give me a song.

So I realized something. Or more I believe it's a Godthing, that He just bonked me on the head with...

I can say "here I am Lord, send me!" And sometimes that means only a few feet away to my piano in the middle of the night.

So I only wrote a chorus and a bridge. But maybe that's all He had to give me tonight.

And it sounds slightly like some other stuff I've been working on. However, just as I shouldn't complain if God brings me to a new and weird place, or an old familiar place, He is genuine and authentic, and perfectly, awesomely in control. If my songs sound like something else, so be it. He is giving me music, and I will sing it.

There's another thing. God is communicating with me. He communicates with me through music, quite often. He knows me... He knows I listen when it's sung. Like I can't accept something I'm going through until it's a melody. It's just me... I'm a dork sometimes. But I love how God humors me like this. And I'm not saying I find it funny He chose when I'm falling asleep to speak pretty melodies to me. In fact, I am rather unamused. I'm a little angry actually.

But. That's gonna be a new thing for me. Here I am Lord. Send me. To my piano. Whenever You see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment