Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jersey shores

I'm gonna tell you a secret. I'm listening to Baby by Justin Bieber. I actually love this song.

I'm a sucker for a catchy tune yo. I strive to write things like that... I don't care how corny it is. The right melody makes anything sound brilliant.

I just started reading Mosaic by Amy Grant. I just adore reading other people's stories. She wrote about how much she loved the ocean... and it made me absolutely homesick for the Jersey shore.

How I hate that people automatically think of that stupid tv show when they hear the words Jersey and Shore sounded together...

To be honest, all I want right now is to be on the sand in LBI, watching the moon reflect on the water, feeling the chilly salty wind that clears all my senses.

I suppose the cold would numb all my senses tonight.

So maybe what I want right now is June... or any warm weathered month. A beach chair. Sailboats out on the water to move slowly, and calmly through the water way out in front of me. I want the sand under my feet to swallow my painted toes, and I want the salt in the breeze to crystalize into a perfect looking glass in the air so that everything is beautiful. I want the wild and wonderful rush of the waves to curl me into them, and wash me and get my hair all sticky, all to dry in the fragrant wind.

I love the ocean.

I love watching it. Tasting it. Touching it.

It's bliss.

So I just wanted to write about it.

If I ever talk too much (which is often), the best way to shut me up is to take me to the ocean. Preferably the Jersey shores. They're just better than any other ones. Nothing can hush me so softly, so powerfully, so beautifully.

I miss it.

If I were home, I'd go there tonight. I don't care how cold it is. I'd go tonight. I wish I could.

All I got is corn fields here.

Corn is great. But I miss my shore.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO1yJBo4wmU

    skip to 7:00

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Beiber and I'm not ashamed of it. You shouldn't be either.

    ReplyDelete