Monday, October 4, 2010

True to my word

As I said, here is Something to Say by Starfield from Vespers last week. You gotta watch it... at least listen. Kinda dark. But so good.




You might notice if you listened the last time I posted this song, the words are a little different. You'll hear them. "I've got something to say, I'll give you all the glory in the rain..." It was so powerful. It IS so powerful. You might not be able to see when the three people were coming down the aisles, but they were carrying crosses, and each of their "demons" were fighting with them the entire way down. And then the last guy had all three wrestling against him.

The first guy's demon had a bottle of pills, the second had a mirror, and the third had alcohol. When I start struggling with my own issues, I confess, I rarely remember that I'm really fighting the Enemy himself. The demon on my shoulder isn't just a silly saying. We're living in a world where darkness is the chief instructor. And every time we try to carry our cross, to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling", doesn't it make sense that we're fighting with a truckload of power against us? Doesn't it make sense that the Enemy knows our weaknesses and will scheme accordingly?

This was so powerful to me... to be able to give God all the glory in the rain. In my rain of my own sweat when I try as hard as I can to get the demons to shut up and leave me be. Gosh, it takes everything sometimes.

So whatever you're dealing with, wherever the rain is coming from, be it from above or from what you're scared of, don't give in. Don't give in. Keep pressing forward. You are coated in the blood of Jesus, and whatever demons you have on your shoulders can't get inside. You don't even have to have something to say to give Him all the glory in the rain. Bah! That's all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment