Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Mom blog

One of the hardest things for me being a mom is how my to-do list gets shoved back into a corner. I'm such a doer, it kills me to feel unaccomplished with my day. Sometimes that's the only thing that gets me through a day. Change a diaper. Done. Feed baby. Done. Change another diaper. Done. Accomplishment!

But now that I'm a stay at home mom, it's actually really hard for me to feel like I've accomplished much. I'm not going to work and bringing in some money anymore. Not to the extent I was anyway. It's challenging for me to feel that what I accomplish everyday in my child is important, because it's mundane. 

I have full confidence that in 20 years I'll look back and think these sleepless nights are beautiful. I know I will. But for now, I do struggle. 

I even signed up for daily mom devotional e-mails because I've been THE WORST at staying consistent with my time with God. That would solve a lot of my melt down moments for sure :/

I love seeing how God uses his gifts to us to also break us down, and make us (give us to opportunity to) be more like Him. 

Being a mom is definitely challenging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment