Sunday, August 16, 2015

Home

Caleb Selah and I were back in NJ for a wedding, and we're finally back "home" in TN. It's a very bizarre feeling to know that this is where I live now. Being back in familiarity for a little bit for the wedding was strange. Something so familiar feels like home, but it's not right now. That's alarming.

I never forgot hearing at Greenville after my first trip back to NJ that home is not a place, but wherever you are.

It made me feel less unsettled then, because I felt overwhelmed about how two places felt equally serene in my heart.

Again, I find myself replaying this scene in my new house as opposed to my dorm room in Greenville.

Home is a lot of things. Today it's rather confusing.

Right now, the home I need to accept is where I am. Here's to settling hopefully settling in!

No comments:

Post a Comment