Monday, July 20, 2015

Officially in Tennessee

Caleb, Selah and I are settled into our one room extended stay hotel until we move into our new home at the end of next week. We're in Tennessee. We're going to live here. I guess it's accurate to say we DO live here. But right now I don't exactly feel like it, yet.

I thought at first that we wouldn't stand out like sore thumbs since Nashville is really more of a melting pot. A lot of cities are. Nashville is an attraction for people from all over the country, it's not like having a Jersey "accent" is different. Well, turns out, most people we've talked to since getting here Saturday night are definitely from here. Their thick Tennessee drawls are hard to miss.

I was at the grocery store last night, bagging some kale for some smoothies this week when...

"Excuse me, ma'am?" It took a long time to articulate those three words coming from the tall southern man furrowing his brow at his wife's instructions via text.

"Do you know what green headed lettuce is?" He asked in such drawn out sincerity.

So I instructed him on what to buy, to hopefully please his wife.

As I look back at the occasion, I realize I probably caused a fight between him and his wife, because he ended up getting romaine. Not iceberg lettuce, which I realized later is probably what she meant. Oops. Sorry nice southern person.

I went to the best smoothie place I've ever been yesterday. It's called Daily Juice, and I'm in love. It's entirely too expensive, though, but it got me on a smoothie kick, and Caleb got me a single serve blender so I can just make my own smoothie this week. I'm thrilled. And spoiled.

Selah is adorable. I need to go change her, since she woke up from her five-minute nap. This mama might not accomplish much in the next two weeks....

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! Also a little jealous... I love Nashville. If you've never been, make sure you guys visit Crema. Best coffee!

    ReplyDelete